Monday 4 July 2011

Individual Lash .. How to:


Its my prom very soon and I decided that I wanted my make up to be subtle, natural but beautiful. My usual daily eye make up constists of black liquid eye liner and mascara, black eye liner pencil (optional/by mood/outfit) My eye make up is inspired by Lauren Conrad.. so for prom I wanted to follow my usual (known by my friends) look.. but not too heavy! As eye lashes have come up trumps this year I decided that they would be a brilliant way to add instant glamour to my short unseen lashes. I have used strip lashes a few times at the begining of this year (for my sisters birthday dinner) and they worked nicely. I was pleased with the final result. But I already know some of my friends are planning on wearing heavy black strip lashes to prom, so I decided I wanted a more subtle glamourous look. For Christmas I got given my inspiration, Lauren Conrad's, Style book! The book briefs girls about the basics in hair and make up. Theres a section on false eye lashes, and luckily individual lashes. So I have been inspired to wear them as the book says the end result is subtle and flattering, and not heavy! (the look I am aiming for)


I've brushed up on my lash tips for easy application.. so here goes.. I will:

  1. Apply two coats of mascara to my lashes
  2. place a dollop of lash glue onto either a clean surface or the back of my hand, and let it dry for atleast a minute so it gets tacky (not too dry though)
  3. with tweezers or fingers (personal choice) pull out 3 longs, 4 mediums and 3 shorts and place them in seperate rows either on the back of your hand or a clean surface (this is per eye)
  4. starting with the outside corner of one eye place 2 longs on the very end, as close to each other as possible. Point them outward at a 45 degree angle to get a cat eye look
  5. directly next to them, start adding lashes moving towards the centre of your eye in this order: 1 medium, 1 long, 3 mediums, 3 shorts. If you dont have much room between your lashes and your eyebrow and the longs look to costumy swap them for mediums (5 mediums and 5 shorts)
  6. (bottom optional) on your bottom lash line place 3 minis on the outside corners, carefully inserting them in between the real lashes. If your own lashes are super long, use 3 shorts instead. Just make sure you apply them so that they are pointing down and not up (you need to invert them)
  7. coats lashes (both top and bottom) with a clean lick of mascara to bridge any gaps between your real lashes and the false lashes
Finally your look is complete... a subtle but absolutely beautiful lash look! Post your comments and images below..



1 comment:

  1. I would normally apply mascara after applying the lashes but experiment with this until you feel confident.
    Also, I would put the glue onto some tinfoil (not hand) and don't wait too long before using, it dries out pretty quickly!

    Best of luck!
    Sheelagh

    ReplyDelete